The Better Homes & Garden’s Innovation Home, in Mequon, Wisconsin, brings their readers the latest home technologies and other ideas that stylishly simplify the way we live. Here's an exclusive look into the newly finished home.
Boasting 3,300 square feet of finished space, BHG’s 2015 Innovation Home represents a light and airy traditional style that is accented with modern farmhouse perks. Smart design is incorporated into the home’s interiors and shows us how technology can seamlessly blend into beautiful décor.
Here are some of the great ways technology
is integrated into this Innovation Home:
· Multi-point monitoring of doors, windows, shades, thermostats, door locks, and lights through sensors and smart home controls.
· Low-maintenance building materials found in siding, roofing, garage doors, and decking that contribute to long-lasting beauty and function.
· Energy and water saving appliances including a clothes dryer that recaptures energy with a heat pump, as well as high-performance fireplaces that reduce gas consumption.
· Kitchen and bath products with clever and convenient features including hands-free faucets and a tub with hidden speakers for sound you can hear and feel.
· Cutting-edge electronics including a web-connected, ultra-thin OLED television and a mattress system that monitors your sleep patterns.
The open floor plan kitchen flows right into the living room.
The living room has an energy efficient fireplace and smart tv.
A lovely palette of blues and sand are used throughout this home.
Here’s a peek into the fun and colorful children’s lounge.
This home is located in the mid-west,
but its style would fit in anywhere,
especially in a coastal community.
Remote window shades, as pictured here in the master bedroom,
are a luxe part of the innovative technology.
The butler’s pantry is the epitome of classic style!
The bathroom mirrors even have built-in televisions!
The laundry room/craft room/mud room/potting room is very exciting!
Its combination of functions works beautifully together.
And it boasts a ton of beautiful storage options.
This is the back wall with full mud room
organization and electronic locks on all the doors.
The style and technology moves to the outdoor spaces as well.
All in all, this is one fabulous home!
If you live in the Mequon, Wisconsin area,
this home is open to the public on July 18, 19, 25, and 26.